5 Flowers to Make Your Bouquet Pop This Summer
We already know that Summer is the best time for a Long Island wedding, but did you also know that it’s the best time of year for flowers too? Depending on your florist, wedding budget, and wedding style there are a variety of flowers that will help your bouquet look its best this Summer. The Inn at New Hyde Park is here to help you draw inspiration and make your wedding dreams come true by helping you narrow down what you do and don’t want in your wedding bouquet this summer.
Here’s a list of the best summer flowers to include in your bouquet!
- Peonies: Peonies are best for early Summer weddings, with their peak season being from May to June. Offering a variety of colors, peonies will look great in a wedding bouquet whether they make up the entire arrangement or are used as an accent flower. Summer also tends to bring the lowest prices, and largest bloom for this flower, giving you more bang for your buck!
- Garden Roses: The Summer sunlight helps garden roses thrive, making them look the greatest during the Summer. Even though roses are available all year long, the most naturally fragrant and colorful varieties of the flower arrive in Summer. Garden roses can help make your bouquet look elegant and timeless while being one of the more cost-effective flowers during Summer weddings. Their full heads of petals make garden roses give the same luxurious appearance as peonies while fitting in better with most brides’ budgets!
- Lavender: Not only does lavender fit in well with a variety of wedding themes, but the variety of options you get with lavenders also make them perfect for almost every wedding. From bouquets to centerpieces, to cocktails and everything in-between, using lavender is great to tie all the elements of your wedding together. Pairing well with Summer’s popular pastel color palettes, lavender is perfect to incorporate into your bouquet this summer.
- Hydrangeas: With the wide range of colors available, hydrangeas will fit perfectly in with almost any wedding color scheme. Hydrangeas make up a beautiful bouquet whether they on their own, or being paired with floral accents such as greenery, or baby’s breath. Whether you are planning a more formal or a more rustic wedding, these flowers are the perfect option to give your bouquet that wow factor! With their wide bloom, brides typically only need two or three hydrangeas for an arrangement making them the perfect fit if you are planning a wedding on a budget.
- Delphinium: If you are looking for a long-stem bouquet, Delphinium, also known as Larkspur, is the way to go! Being one of the only natural blue flowers, Delphinium’s are great to have in your bouquet and use as a bride’s “something blue” for her big day. The variety of blues this flower offers fits in great with either pastel or classic color schemes
Looking for a florist for your wedding? Be sure to take a look at our Recommended Vendors!